View lesson on Daily Grammar
Both the subject and the verb can be compound. Example: The bell and the siren rang and rang.
Instructions: Find the subject, verb, and conjunctions in these sentences.
1. The boys and the girls ran and played in the field.
2. She and I stopped and stared at the sight.
3. Both the team and the coach jumped up and yelled with the last out.
4. Jeff, Jed, and Jim will be in school or will be home in bed.
5. Where have Jay and Eric been swimming and hiking?
–For answers scroll down.
1. Boys, girls – subjects; ran, played – verbs; and, and – conjunctions
2. She, I – subjects; stopped, stared – verbs; and, and – conjunctions
3. team, coach – subjects; jumped, yelled – verbs; both, and, and – conjunctions
4. Jeff, Jed, Jim – subjects; will be, will be – verbs; and, or – conjunctions
5. Jay, Eric – subjects; have been swimming, (have been) hiking – verbs; and, and – conjunctions
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://www.dailygrammar.com/archive.html.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://dailygrammarlessons.blogspot.com/2019/01/lesson-100-parts-of-sentence-subjectverb.html