Capitalize the first word of every direct quotation. Example: He asked, “Can this wait until tomorrow?”
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. “meet me at the station in the morning,” Alice said.
2. “yes,” said Rob, “it was charles dickens who wrote david copperfield.”
3. She said that she would help with the party if asked.
4. The clerk said, “you cannot use a personal check for the ride.”
5. “i used to live here in 1960,” said the man. “it has changed a lot since that time.”
–For answers scroll down.
2. Yes/Charles Dickens/David Copperfield
3. (no capitals because it is an indirect quotation)
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in eBook and Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2BUZZ7V