Do not capitalize prepositions, conjunctions or the articles (a, an, the) that come within a proper noun. Example: University of Utah, Smith and Sons
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The university of california is found in many different cities in california.
2. The battle of the bulge was an important battle.
3. The gulf of mexico is found south of texas.
4. One period of history is called the dark ages.
5. The cape of good hope is near africa.
–For answers scroll down.
1. University of California/California
2. Battle of the Bulge
3. Gulf of Mexico/Texas
4. Dark Ages
5. Cape of Good Hope/Africa
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2ADe796