One of my Methodology students showed me this segment to express regrets. I loved it. I adapted what she had in mind and came up with this fun activity.
I. Work in small groups.
Imagine you are receiving an American friend for a very informal “feijoada” in a friend’s house. Prepare a list of advice you would give her so that she can feel comfortable in the event. Thing about the following things:
– What should she wear?
– What time should she arrive?
– Should she bring anything for the host?
– How much should she eat?
– What shouldn’t she do there?
– What time should she leave?
– Does she have to eat everything that is served?
– What if she doesn’t want to eat such an exotic dish? What should she say or do?
– Can she bring someone with her?
II. Watch the movie segment and make a list of the American guest’s inappropriate behavior.
III. Report to the class what he SHOULDN’T HAVE DONE, expressing regrests.