Instructions: Find the adverbs and tell what they modify in the following sentences.
1. After the hike my muscles were extremely tired and very sore.
2. Yesterday I had hardly completed my very hard assignment when I was rudely interrupted.
3. Gradually everyone reached the top of the mountain they had climbed before.
4. Just now he remembered his rather important assignment.
5. Often you go too far with your jokes.
–For answers scroll down.
1. extremely modifies the adjective tired, and very modifies the adjective sore
2. yesterday and hardly modify the verb had completed, verymodifies the adjective hard, and rudely modifies the verb was interrupted
3. gradually modifies the verb reached, and beforemodifies the verb had climbed
4. just modifies the adverb now, now modifies the verb remembered, and rather modifies the adjective important
5. often modifies the verb go, too modifies the adverb far, and far modifies the verb go
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2fqwcck