These sentences have adverbs that tell us when, and they modify the verb.
Instructions: Find the adverbs and tell what they modify.
1. As the car caught fire, he jumped immediately from it.
2. Daily I go to the gym for exercise.
3. The campfire was glowing later to our surprise.
4. We will now finish the assignment.
5. The work will be done tomorrow.
–For answers scroll down.
1. immediately modifying the verb jumped
2. daily modifying the verb go
3. later modifying the verb was glowing
4. now modifying the verb will finish
5. tomorrow modifying the verb will be done
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2gchUjM