A noun is a word that names a person, place, or thing. It also one of the eight parts of speech. Examples: man, city, book, and courage. Nouns often follow words like a, an, and the.
Instructions: Pick out all the nouns in these sentences.
1. The teacher told the student that a person should always be loyal.
2. People with perseverance will be successful in life.
3. I bought a new pen at the drugstore across the street.
4. The man said to the policeman that he had not seen the accident.
–For answers scroll down.
1. teacher, student, person
2. people, perseverance, life
3. pen, drugstore, street
4. man, policeman, accident
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2coe1SJ