Sometimes verb phrases are separated by words called adverbs (we will learn more about adverbs in later lessons). Adverbs are often used with verbs; however, they are not considered part of the verb phrase.
Instructions: Find the verb phrases in the following sentences. Are the verbs action verbs or state of being verbs?
1. You have not helped your father today.
2. I will soon be home.
3. The child had suddenly choked on the food.
–For answers scroll down.
1. have helped – action verbs
2. will be – state of being verbs
3. had choked – action verbs
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2ce3UAR