A helping verb may be connected with another word in a contracted form. The following sentences have verb phrases using contractions.
Instructions: Find the verb phrases in each sentence. Determine if the verb phases are action verbs or state of being verbs.
1. I’ve done it again.
2. You aren’t going with us.
3. She’s staying to tend the kids.
–For answers scroll down.
1. ‘ve (have) done – Have is in contracted form.
2. are going – Are is connected to the contracted form of not.
3. ‘s (is) staying – Is is in contracted form.
All three verb phrases are action verbs.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/2bB0f1H