Use a comma to separate co-ordinate adjectives. Co-ordinate adjectives can be checked to see if a comma is necessary by placing and between them. They will sound smooth and correct with the and.
Examples: The warm, sunny day made everyone happy. (warm and sunnysounds smooth) You are a clever little girl. (clever and little doesn’t sound smooth)
Instructions: Place commas where they are needed.
1. Today was not a clear sunny day.
2. Allison thought she was such a clever little girl.
3. Where did you buy that dashing red car?
4. They say that tomorrow will be a sunny warm day.
5. Your careless inconsiderate behavior could cause you serious problems.
–For answers scroll down.
1. Today was not a clear, sunny day.
2. no commas needed
3. no commas needed
4. They say that tomorrow will be a sunny, warm day.
5. Your careless, inconsiderate behavior could cause you serious problems.
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/1Tp4rAR