Capitalize epithets (a word or phrase accompanying or occurring in place of the name of a person or a thing). Example: the Lone-Star State Capitalize personifications (giving human attributes to inanimate objects). (Authors disregard this rule often.) Example: The Computer thought hard about the problem.
Instructions: Capitalize each word that needs a capital letter.
1. The lone-star state is texas.
2. florence nightengale is called the lady of the lamp.
3. The bears of colorado are being starved by nature.
4. The cruel hunger looked up from all the empty shelves.
5. In every face happiness smiled.
–For answers scroll down.
1. Lone-Star State (epithet)/Texas
2. Florence Nightengale/Lady of the Lamp (epithet)
3. Colorado/Nature (personification)
4. Hunger (personification)
5. Happiness (personification)
For your convenience, all of our lessons are available on our website in our lesson archive at http://ift.tt/1BHeG8C. Our lessons are also available to purchase in an eBook, a FlipBook, and a Workbook format.
from Daily Grammar Lessons Blog http://ift.tt/1M4oX1B